I love garlic. I add garlic to almost every dish I cook and scoff at recipes that call for just 1 little clove of garlic. So my version of crispy garlic bread has both fresh minced garlic and garlic powder to really make the flavor shine. These are best hot and crispy right out of the oven.
Just a few ingredients will create a tasty appetizer or complement to soup or salad. They can be chopped into small cubes and baked longer to create garlicky croutons, too!
Crispy Garlic Bread
Makes 3 large slices or 4 smaller slices of bread
- 3 extra large bread slices
- 3 cloves of garlic, mincedc
- ¼tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened at room temperature
- parsley or cilantro to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together garlic, garlic powder, olive oil and butter
- Bread garlic mixture over 1 side of the bread
- Bake bread in oven for 8 minutes
- Broil bread on high for approx 2 minutes. They will brown very fast so keep an eye on them